Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 April 2011

Dear neighbour who avoids sharing cost of building maintenance

You have five vehicles, six houses and you are five family members. That's fine. I have learned that your stress levels go up with each new vehicle and piece of property you buy. If you die of stress related diseases, I'm okay with that.

Your wife wears loud clothes and likes talking of how much you two help the community. I'm not fine with that, because I know it's a lie, but what can I do? What I cannot understand is why you refuse to pay a small sum of a little more than a thousand five hundred bucks. It was your share of the cost of the repairs to the roof.

Now I did  call you once, twice, thrice, fourice and fiveice. You answered only once and cut off my call on subsequent occasions. I sent you messages not once, or twice but forty-sevenice. Wars have been fought over less. You will agree I had reason and more for the actions I subsequently took.

The spray of quick acting gum in your wife's hair, just before she sat in her car was easy. A brief spritz was all it took. They had to cut her out with a scissors at the Church gate and the sacristan was not known for his steady hands at the best of times.

Next came your fat, ugly son. It was not easy chatting up the school bully, but once he heard that your eldest fat ugly son was trying to hit on his girlfriend, I guess things just took off from there.

I know it could not have been easy for your wife to meet the Principal to find out why your son was running through the school naked as a jaybird with red ants on his honey painted bottom. Not with whole chunks of her hair missing.

Your second son was a little difficult because I quite like him, but war is war. One cannot be soft. It's the end result that counts. The vanquishing of the enemy. Making a  Facebook page for him and putting Photoshopped pics on it was not difficult. He got 27000 hits on one day which is a good thing. His girlfriend dumped him which is a sad thing.

Your daughter now, she thinks she's the cat's whiskers. You know, I've never known why some idiot thought of cats' whiskers as something to be proud off. A cat looks perfectly fine without them. And they are of absolutely no use to anyone at all. Least of all to the cat. But your daughter now, taking a video of her while she sat alone in class was not difficult. A junior student had to tell her the class was in a different classroom. She went there and waited. I waited outside the window.

Now when you are alone you do strange and inexplicable things. Everyone does, but not everyone gets it documented in High Definition. All I needed was around four minutes of footage and I got all that, including her excavating deep, examining her treasure, sniffing her finger and then licking it. With the clip immediately uploaded on the internet - 45000 hits.

Then it was time to do you. Your family was already shaken and stirred. I knew of the room in your house with the big cabinet covered with a curtain. I knew of the large safe inside that cabinet. I knew of the loft and the contents of the loft. It took just one telephone call to the Vigilance Department and to the Income Tax department. Another few calls to the local news networks. Now you are suspended. Your days as a government servant are numbered.

I hear you want to sell your flat now.Would have been much easier on the pocket and the nerves if you had just paid your share of the repairs.






No comments:

Post a Comment